Open for worship & events
Welcome to First Church Tulsa. We are open and invite you to join us for worship, classes and events. Learn more about our health-safety precautions below. For more information about in-person worship and televised/online broadcasts, see our event calendar for times, locations and links.
Safety procedures while attending Church:
Beginning May 1, 2021, the First Church Tulsa Covid-19 Preparedness Task Force and Session recommend face coverings for members and visitors coming to the Church through to the end of the month. Masks are no longer 'required.' Other changes for May 2021 include:
- Coffee will be served on Sundays.
- Gathering in the Atrium will be permitted.
- There will be no limit to the number of people in the elevators and restrooms.
- Gel stations will be moved to the sides of the gathering areas.
- Seating in the Sanctuary will continue to be spaced every other pew until June 1.
- Visitors may return to the third floor business offices.
In June 2021, there will be no requirement or recommendation for face coverings. Additional loosening of the protocols in June include:
- Regular food service practices will resume.
- Seating in the Sanctuary will open up and be allowed on all pews.
- There will be no spacing requirements in classrooms.
In September 2021, we hope to return to passing the offering plate, communion and friendship pads. Additional possible updates may include:
- All worship services may resume including 8 a.m. Chapel, 8:30 a.m. Contemporary in Stephenson Hall, 11 a.m. Sanctuary, 11 a.m. Contemporary in Stephenson Hall, TIF in the Great Hall and Vespers at 5 p.m.
- We may also resume all fellowship and outreach events including Breakfast on Boston, the Global Leadership Summit and more.
Online and television worship messages and services:
The 10:10 Pastor's Message, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:10 a.m.
In closing …
We are grateful for the unprecedented efforts made by so many to examine and review the best course forward for this congregation. With gratitude to God for blessings received both at home and together, we commend each of you into the care and keeping of our Lord Jesus, the Lord of the Church!