Don’t let anyone look down on you for being young. Instead, make your speech, behavior, love, faith, and purity an example for other believers.1 Timothy 4:12
At First Presbyterian Church, we strive to make disciples of Jesus Christ who seek to follow Him daily and invite others to encounter Him.
Throughout their adolescent years, your children will be welcomed in and surrounded by staff members and volunteer leaders who have a true heart for youth and model a deep love for God. They aren’t afraid to wrestle with big questions and walk through the ups and downs of life together.
Our goal in every youth program is to help cultivate the next generation of disciples. We want to help these young men and women own, articulate,and live out their faith in their Churches and communities for the rest of their lives.
Children and youth aren’t just the church of tomorrow, they are the church right here and now.
Pathfinders – Grades 5-8
Middle school is a time of change for our young disciples. They’re no longer kids, but they’re not yet adults either. At First Church, we call this brave group “Pathfinders,” and we’re dedicated to encouraging and helping them grow through relevant lessons, engaging small groups, meaningful worship and organized fun.
- Sunday School - at the Powerhouse from 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- POW! (Pathfinders on Wednesday) - at the Powerhouse from 6-7:30 p.m.
- T.I.N.A. - summertime lessons and adventures on Wednesday nights
- Choosing the Best - biannual Bible-based program on sex
- Mission Trip - a week long service trip in the name of Jesus
Exodus – Grades 9-12
High school is a crucial time for disciples as they begin to take ownership and responsibility for their faith. We encourage youth to seek God in every aspect of their lives. We want them to grow in their love for their neighbor, their faith in Christ, and their surrender to him as Lord. At First Church, our high school group is called "Exodus" and we offer Sunday School and our mid-week gathering in the Powerhouse and call it "Amass Exodus."
- Sunday School – meets at the Powerhouse from 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Amass Exodus - Wednesdays at the Powerhouse from 6 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Exodus Nights – summer-time lessons and fellowship on Tuesday nights
- Mission Trip – annual week long service trip in the name of Jesus
Wednesday evenings September through April
At First Church, we take Christ’s command to make disciples seriously. We intentionally pour into our children’s lives with the hope that they will publicly claim this faith as their own and engage in the global Church, the Body of Christ. Each fall, Confirmation begins for all freshmen and any other high school youth interested in exploring their faith. Students engage in a eight-month lesson and small group discussion series about different aspects of our faith. Our hope is that each student will grow in their understanding of what they believe and confirm their faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
UKirk (Young Adults 18-24)
First Church UKirk is open to all 18-24 year-olds whether in university or not. UKirk partners with The University of Tulsa to provide campus ministries for students in Tulsa. Learn more on TU’s web page for Sharp Chapel.
- Gather – Weekly fellowship and worship at Sharp Chapel on Tuesdays, 5 p.m. during the school year.
- Grow – Weekly Sunday School at First Church at 9:30 a.m., Kirkland Library.
- Serve – Monthly service projects
Many youth events require a medical waiver to be kept on file for all participants. Some events, like mission trips, also provide opportunities for youth to apply for sponsorship to cover expenses. Click below to complete or download these forms.