Volunteer for Masterwork Summer Academy!! CLICK HERE to sign up!
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
Reading. Writing. Math. Science. Creativity. All are important to a child’s development.
Motivated by the belief that a complete education includes the arts and facing the fact that our public schools simply don’t have the budget, First Presbyterian Church Tulsa saw an opportunity to meet a need in our community.
Masterwork Academy, for Faith and the Arts was created to bridge the gap in art education. Masterwork Academy seeks to enrich the academic and spiritual lives of elementary students; not only teaching visual art, dance, and music, but also teaching children to pay attention to God, find beauty in unexpected places, and reflect their Creator as they create. Our mission is to cultivate in children a love for Jesus through mastery in the arts.
Masterwork Academy begins with the following goals:
- To connect children to Creator God by teaching them to see beauty through His creation
- To love children with the love of Jesus Christ
- To show children how they reflect their Creator by creating their own works
- To provide excellence in art education; beginning with visual art, ballet, and music
- To teach students to read and embrace the Bible
- To build friendships between the members of First Presbyterian Church Tulsa and Anderson families
First Presbyterian Church Tulsa has a long history of supporting local education. Our church began as a mission to Creek Indians in June, 1884. Since then, First Church Tulsa went on to play a key role in founding Tulsa Public Schools, The University of Tulsa, The Tulsa Chamber of Commerce, Tulsa Boys Home, and much more. We are excited to build on this foundation of ministry in our community by adding Masterwork Academy to the list!