The various scholarship funds of the First Presbyterian Church in Tulsa were established by generous church members or by their heirs, as memorials. The funds are held in trust and the granting of those funds as scholarships conforms to the intent of the donors.
The Scholarship Committee of the First Presbyterian Church in Tulsa is a standing committee of the Session of FPC and, as such, is responsible for all decisions concerned with scholarship awards. Some of the specific requirements follow.
- Granting of scholarships to qualified applicants from various funds of the First Presbyterian Church in Tulsa is the responsibility of the Session Scholarship Committee.
- Scholarship grants are considered by the Committee only for those applicants submitting complete applications by the April 1 preceding the fall academic semester for which they are applying. The three required personal recommendations must also be received by April 1. In addition to membership requirements of some of the funds, preference will be given in the following order:
- Members of First Presbyterian Church, Tulsa.
- Members of Presbyterian churches in the Eastern Oklahoma Presbytery.
- Members of a church in the Synod of the Sun.
- Members of Presbyterian Churches at large.
- Some scholarships are limited in their scope, for example: the Ullery (full-time Christian work); the Wallingford (Christian vocation); and the Warren, Allen and Crate (all need-based).
- The Committee will base its awards upon:
- Specific scholarship requirements;
- Church or religious involvement; and
- Academic performance and potential.
- Scholarship payments for successful applicants will be paid by the scholarship foundation to the financial aid office only of the applicant's academic institution. The payments will be in equal semester installments. Scholarship funds are not payable directly to the applicant.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to maintain a 2-point ("C") average. Failure to do so will result in termination of the scholarship.
- Scholarships are not automatically renewed for succeeding school years. Current recipients must submit a new application to be eligible for renewal.
- It is the recipient's responsibility to have their college e-mail, fax or mail an official copy of their transcript to the Business Office of First Presbyterian Church at the completion of each semester.
- All of the guidelines previously stated are amendable at the discretion of the Session's Scholarship Committee, with approval by the Session.