Pastor's Study (Wednesday)
“The Reason for the Hope”
Dr. Jim Miller
Lunch is available with reservation. Please reserve by noon on Monday.
To reserve lunch:
Online: Click here to reserve lunch!
If you’re a Christian living in 21st century America, you know what it’s like to face serious questions about your faith. More than a few of us wonder how well-equipped we are to respond faithfully and helpfully to those who ask questions like these:
- Are there compelling reasons to believe that Jesus ever lived?
- Are the gospels historically reliable?
- What about people who’ve never heard of Jesus? Will they go to hell?
- How can you trust the Bible when it’s 2500 years old?
- Doesn't Christianity degrade women?
- Aren’t Christians homophobic?
- Isn't this faith outdated by science?
- How could a loving God send people to hell?
Dr. Miller will address these and other questions in the “Pastor’s Class” this fall.
The Apostle Peter sets out our privilege and responsibility:
In your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy —always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect... (I Peter 3:15)